Welcome to Sydney!

Welcome to Sydney!

Monday 15 August 2011

Hello

So, this is my first post on our blog. Dan and I decided to do this to document our journey to Sydney from Atlanta, Georgia for our friends and family and for those who are also looking to make a significant move like this. So, why the title? The best suggestion I had for a title was, "things that can kill you in australia." I initially liked the idea, but then thought that it seemed a bit negative and wasn't quite sure where the theme would go from there. There sure are a lot of things we have learned that can kill you here, but not sure that's what we wanted to write about...

We just landed yesterday, and this is our first full day in Sydney. I've already started work and we have started to settle into a temporary sort of existence until we find permanent housing. In preparing for this move, one thing we had to do was to prioritize what we would bring to use immediately, use in 2 - 3 months, sell, give away, etc. This process led us to really prioritize what our favorite things were, and suprisingingly they did not include doorbells or brown paper packages tied up with strings. Based on what was most important to us, we had to decide what to do with our things. That's why we have called this blog A Few of My Favorite Things. We will talk about things that we loved at home and hopefully, as we come to know Sydney, things we love here.

For now, I am incredibly jetlagged, and will just say that our favorite things include our friends, family, and of course, our furry friends too. We look forward to going on this journey with you.

Mollie and Dan

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear the details. Your blog is going to be interesting, but now I am 'dying' to know about all these things that can kill you there. So, be positive, bur throw anything wierd and different in also, please. It's not that I'm morbid...just real curious ALL the differences in what is like to live there compared to here. They seem the closest to the US in many things. I wish you so much happiness. Now go get some sleep and adjust your internal clock a little. Take good care. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Australia and to life as an expat! I've only been here since June, and I'm living in Brisbane. My hubby and I have really enjoyed it. It's nice to see another Southerner down under!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys need to add something here. I need some entertainment when I am on the road.

    How's life down under?

    Nate

    ReplyDelete